MOST HELPFUL POSTS
TONYA - posted on 04/27/2013
I've got a question about children handling beach diluted with water. A week ago there was an incident that took place in my child's school. In gym class there was an accident when some of the kids were playing with a ball, a wii console got knocked over and broke. These are 6 year old children in grade one by the way. Friday they got sent back to class and had to put their heads down on the desk, not too sure how long but some of the kids fell asleep. Then the following Monday they had to wash the gym walls with a bleach/water mixture. I was outraged by this knowing the chemicals in bleach and made a complaint. A lot of people in our town feel that the parents over reacted. I need to know if there are other parents out there that think this was a big deal? There is a meeting coming up this week regarding the incident. Would I be wrong to still be angry?
Denise - posted on 12/03/2009
ventilate well, and every thing should be alright... The bleach solution that is most effective is a 10 to 1 ration... 10 parts water to 1 part bleach..
Just keep your baby out of the room you are cleaning with bleach, and ventilate the area.. The smell will dissapate after a while. and all should be well... Unless you baby has a bleach allergy... but if you use bleach in your laundry, and she doesnt have a reaction, all should be well... Remember to NEVER MIX BLEACH WITH AMMONIA!!! It causes a chemical reaction that creates toxic chlorine gas.
Hope this helps!
Love and Light,
Mom of 4, apprentice midwfe, doula
Cassie - posted on 12/03/2009
Bleach fumes can burn your lungs and leave permanent scars, and this is in an adult. Don't take any chances, dilute it, or use something else. There are tons of cleansers on the market that will take the place of bleach.
Kelly - posted on 12/03/2009
If you use bleach to clean, dilute it with water, and then use the solution immediately. Bleach in water breaks down quickly, so if you mix it and use it later, it won't kill germs the way you want it to. I agree with the others, that you should ventilate well and do it while she is in another area of the house.
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms