Breakfast Ideas For a Picky Eater
Lisa - posted on 03/13/2014
- creamy porridge with dried fruits and a swirl of honey
- boiled egg and toast fingers
- muffins, bagels or toast with cream cheese and jelly
- breakfast quesadilla - tortilla layers with anything she likes - cheese, eggs, tomatoes, ham etc
- fruit and yoghurt smoothies
- rice or corn cereals
The good thing with these is that even if you do go to the trouble of making it and she doesn't eat it, it's nice food that anyone else will be happy to eat as well.
You could also try an 'around the world' breakfast and try morning meals from lots of different cultures. Croissants? Congee? etc
The other thing is, don't stress too much about having to serve 'breakfast' food. If there's nutritious food that she enjoys eating at lunchtime, you don't need to limit yourself by only serving it between 11-1. Give her some for breakfast - if she eats it then that takes the worry away for you and it also gets her tummy used to having food in the morning.
Best of luck!
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms