Gillian - posted on 07/18/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )
My baby's father and i we're together for over 3 years he has been an out of our lives and he is an addict. Recently we got into a fight and he broke up with me and rebounded on me instantly. He and I have been seeing each other on and off for a couple months and spending time together with our son but it seems like it was in secrecy. I originally filed for custody of our child several months ago when we thought we were moving together out of state. he could not keep a job and decided he did not want us to move. well now I have no choice, I have to move out of state for a few months until he can do more jail time and rehab and be ble to provide or us. Yesterday we had our hearing we both showed up and he chose to not respond so I filed for default judgement because he did not respond so I can get everything i aasked for. I'm kind of wondering why he even showed up if he chose to not fig ht for his family but now I have to move in 2 weeks I have to wait even longer for more court dates. Has anyone ever been in this situation similar to mine I can give me some advice or just anyone know how I can go about leaving or getting emergency custody? My baby's father got a postponement on his last court date so he could be there he's going to go back to court and most likely jail in another 2 weeks he also mentioned going to treatment so since he won't be around why can't I just get temporary custody so I can move away for a few months until he gets out or whatever it is he wants to do.