can somebody give me a simple and affordable recipes of carbonara?
MOST HELPFUL POSTS
Jodi - posted on 05/03/2011
What do you mean "affordable"? A carbonara has some pretty basic ingredients in it......are you looking to having to eliminate one of the basics?
Anyway, try this one I use. Measurements are approximate.....you really don't have to be overly accurate.
500 grams (approx 1 lb) spaghetti/pasta
¼ cup heavy cream
250 grams (approx ½ lb) bacon, diced
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped Continental parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¾ cup freshly grated pecorino-romano cheese (parmesan may be substituted)
1. Fill a large soup pot with cold water and add a handful or so of salt. Stir and taste; it should taste like seawater. Cover the pot and heat the water until it boils.
2. Add the diced bacon to a cold sauté pan and cook slowly over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
3. Drop the pasta into the boiling salted water and cook according to package instructions,
4. While the pasta cooks, combine the eggs, cheese, cream and olive oil in a bowl and beat with a whisk until completely mixed.
5. Drain pasta, toss with the egg and cream mixture, then add the cooked bacon and chopped parsley. Serve right away, with additional grated cheese if desired.
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms