Mama - posted on 07/10/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )
My soon to be two year old son never liked milk. His doctor wanted him to be drinking three glasses a day and I couldn't even get him to drink one. So, I tried different things. I tried other percentage variations, brands, strawberry, but chocolate is the only thing that did the trick. He loves his chocolate milk and has done great with it. I've just recently started noticing his tummy troubles. If I give him his milk 30 minutes to an hour later he's poopin'. Sometimes he's gassy at night after he drinks milk before bed and it keeps him up. I've heard that lactose intolerance at his age is rare, which is what it sounds like to me. So maybe its the chocolate that's upsetting his stomach. After all he loves cheese and does just fine with other dairy. Its just his sippy cup of chocolate milk. Opinions? Milk or the chocolate factor?