Mayura - posted on 12/26/2013 ( no moms have responded yet )
My eight week old baby is giving us all a very very tough time. She is exclusively breastfeed. She cries a lot and is inconsolable except at breast. She was very much settled in first three weeks. Now her fussiness is increasing daily. She has no feeding schedule. At day time she is fine with 10-12 mins feed every two hours. Note that I have a fast letdown. We try to make sure that she is burped or held upright after feed. At night she is worst. Wakes every hour and nursing is the only thing that can make her go back to sleep. She has no routine whatsoever. On any day I feed her 15-17 times with a total time around 2.5 hrs. She has excessive gasses but we have started homeopathy and that seems to have improved her gasses. She vomits almost daily. Her tongue has white coating. She is very restless for two hours or so before she passes motion. She makes vomiting action very frequently through out the day. She is not at all a content baby. Tries to climb when held upright. Hardly plays. Though at rare times she plays happily for at most five minutes.
My 4 year old son never had any of these issues. He used to play and already had a routine by now.
I suspect any of below issues :
1. Is she having acid reflux?
2. Is my fast letdown causing her gasses and this fussy behaviour?
3. Is she allergic to my milk?
4. Will formula settle her? I have tried giving her bottle which she refuses.
5. Is this colic? Everyday she has 4-5 hrs of restlessness when she simply refuses to settle and cries and cries. But this time is not fixed. She only consoles at breast. Rarely she settles in car and sometimes with music.
6. When can I expect her to settle?
7. Have read that babies should gain 750g per month. Mine has gained only 500g. She was born 3.55 kg and now is 4.75kg at eight weeks.
8. Does she cry being overtired? How should I calm her?
9. Is gasses the main cause?
Need some help desperately.