Ashley - posted on 03/28/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )
I am unsure of whether to send my daughter to jk this year or wait a year. She is currently in daycare 3 days a week and I am able to put her in jk full time in September. She won't turn 4 until December. I am unsure of whether to send her to jk this year or wait a year. I have spoken with her daycare providers and they have suggested to wait until next year. Intellectually I think she'll be find, she knows her numbers, abc's, etc. The concern that I'm getting from daycare is in regards to extra coaching/cueing she requires over the older children and that they feel she isn't very assertive around the other children. I am thinking of upping her daycare to 5 days a week and then waiting a year for jk. I have searched online for how other Dec. babies have fared if sent young or held back, but most posts I've found are discussing 4 or 5 year old jk cut-offs. Anyone have a 3 year old Dec. baby that they sent to jk or held back a year? How do you feel your child fared?