Kate - posted on 06/10/2014 ( no moms have responded yet )
Do you want your child to read? Do you want your child to like to read? You came to the right place. I have a solution for that.
This was customized for my teenage daughter who loves to watch tv.
Here is how:
1. Download the app good reads helps you find great books (make sure to friend me)
2. Reserve the books you want to read from the library
3. Record shows on tv
4. Make a goal for each day depending on your schedule and how much you like to read at that point ( aim for at least 20 min)
5. Set a time each day for when you will read (you can skip a day once a week of you would like)
6. Every time you read a chapter watch a show (do that for up to a week)
7. Every time you read two chapters watch a show ( do that for up to a week)
8. Every time you read three chapters watch a show ( do that for up to a week)
9. Every time you read a chapter play a game on an electronic ( let's say you choose subway surfers as my game each time I crash I get back to reading)
10. Soon you should not have to do the reward system ( if you feel like you won't read a lot without a reward system then keep on using the reward system)
Sorry for any typos. Hope that helped.