HELP what should I do my 22month ol son swallowed a 1/2 inch screw should I rush him to the hospital

Jillian - posted on 09/25/2010 ( 5 moms have responded )

14

18

1

Next Conversation

help what should I do my 22month ol son swallowed a 1/2 inch screw should I rush him to the hospitalshould I rush him to the hospital or wait to see if it passes Im worried it might tear up his insides

This conversation has been closed to further comments

5 Comments

View replies by

Ignatious - posted on 01/01/2013

1

0

0

My daughter has done same. Can you please suggest what have you done for it?

Kate CP - posted on 09/25/2010

8,942

36

758

Like a sharp screw that can easily perforate the stomach and intestinal lining? Why, yes, I believe that warrants a trip to the ER.

Krista - posted on 09/25/2010

12,562

16

847

Oh my god, yes, take him to the emergency room RIGHT NOW.

Get. Go. Call a freaking ambulance if you have to.

Sasha - posted on 09/25/2010

140

46

23

Yes deiffnatly any metal and foreign object's swallowed should be a trip to the hospital

Michelle - posted on 09/25/2010

2,191

23

1087

Just the fact that you are worried tells me you should take him to the hospital. Most likely it will just pass but just for your piece of mind go get him checked out.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms