Julie - posted on 02/22/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )
We have a 14 wk old daughter who has a large hemangioma on the crown of her head and another one on her bottom area near her vulva. Our Pediatrician advises not to do a thing about them as they will go away in time, yet a second opinion at a Dermatologist has suggested that we start her immediately on Propranolol for they as in the hemangioma's may cause excess skin and bleeding/ulcerations etc in the years to come before they finally involute. Obviously we want the very best outcome for our child and we would greatly appreciate any advice or information anyone has to offer us.
My questions to any Mum/Dad out there that has a dear son or daughter out there with this condition and has given them Propranolol......
1. Did your child experience any side effects from taking this medication?
2. Where is your child's hemangioma?
3. How long your child was on this treatment before you saw results?
4. How long your child needed to be on this treatment?
5. How old was your child when they were prescribed this medication?