[deleted account] ( no moms have responded yet )
..for your loved ones, I suggest you do these instead:
- If you have anyone dependent on you financially, get life insurance.
- If you don't have a will, make one. If you have one, make sure it's up to date.
- Take lots of photos of yourself, your loved ones, and ones of you all together.
- Likewise, take videos, capture your voice and the voices of your loved ones.
- Write a letter to anyone important to you, telling them how much they mean to you. Write what you like about them.
- Discuss with anyone important to you (such as your partner) what would happen should one of you die, for example: do you want to be buried or cremated, and where, who should have which of your possessions etc.
- Make it a rule to never hang up the phone, say goodbye, or go to sleep being mad at someone you love.
- And last, but not least, make sure you tell anyone you love, that you love them everyday.
Some of these may seem morbid, but I guarantee you, these gifts are the most important things you can give. I learnt some of these lessons the hard way.
Have a safe Christmas.