Kristine - posted on 11/25/2011 ( 2 moms have responded )
I look after a girl who displays the following behaviours and as time goes on, the seem to intensify.
- lying about anything and everythin
- doing spiteful things to other kids just 'because she feels like it' or 'I like to be mean to other people'.
- defies all female authority. Refuses to respect female caregivers(will
Listen at school), will not obey simple rules like don't hit or grab, treat others as you wish to be treated.
- gets great satisfaction from causing other people emotional or physical pain.
- when given time out as punishment runs away and literally runs around the house in circles laughing like a maniac
- threatens female caregivers with things like 'I'm going to tell people you hit me' and it is NOT true
- honestly doesn't seem to care about others feelings
- tries to manipulate caregivers and turn them against eachother
I know I need to end care but are these symptoms of a disorder? I believe she needs professional assessment and counseling but parents disagree saying 'she just got a strong personality and she is so headstrong and she will outgrow it' I am quite
Concerned for her and worry about what she will be like in the future as she appears to lack any compassion and has no regard for morals.