my daughter might have swallowed a penny

Bobbi - posted on 11/16/2015 ( 4 moms have responded )

63

0

23

my daughter was in her play pen and when i came in from using the bathroom she had my change holder(how she got it i have no clue) but I'm not sure if she swallowed a penny.i don't want to rush her to the doc if she didn't even swallow it but i don't want to ignore it either...i know there's a possibility that is can block her bowels and make her sick but what are the signs and symptoms to watch out for.

4 Comments

View replies by

Bobbi - posted on 11/16/2015

63

0

23

i told my husband and all change is accounted for,i guess he went through my change so he could get some pops and let her play with my change holder(now i know how she got it),i have tripled counted the change and its all there,i dont know what he was thinking and how he could think its i good idea to give a baby a choking hazard but im thankful he know how much was there,thank you for your advice/help its very appreciated,

Bobbi - posted on 11/16/2015

63

0

23

the change was all over the crib and she was playing with my change holder,so i don't know if she had swallowed any,i stuck my finger in her mouth but i didn't feel anything,but because there's a possibility she did I'm kind of freaking out

Jenifer - posted on 11/16/2015

13

17

0

Was it open or closed? Was she holding change? We're her hands near her mouth? I would, and have, always believed if it's something that can be swallowed, you don't wait, you go! I'd go now, rather than later. My 2yr old ate my ex husbands medication. We found all the pills, we thought, I took him to ER, and he did have a level of the medication in him.
I'd take your child just to be safe. Please post again if you go, and when you get back!!!

Sarah - posted on 11/16/2015

8,728

0

21

For the most part, as long is it was change, and she can breath fine, you don't need to worry. If she had inhaled, rather than possibly swallowed a coin, she'd be choking and coughing. If she begins to vomit, appears to be in pain, fussy and refusing to eat; then go to the ER. In all likelihood it will pass right on thru and you will find in within a week.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms