Rebecca - posted on 11/15/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )
Her grandma has a bottle where she rubs some alcohol when she has joint pains, muscle pain, or bone pains. My 9yo shoved the bottle and told my 12yo to smell it because it smells "good".
She sniffed it and told her brother that it smells like the kind of alcohol the nurse rubbed her with some cotton once when she got flu shots.
She was playing a kids' virtual game online where you dress up, talk, and make virtual friends kind of game that's a safe kids' website. She started to make noises with her breath...
She screamed that she couldn't breathe a few minutes later, she turned off the computer, and rushed outdoors. The bottle says:
1. If a person drank any of the alcohol, call Poison Center.
2. If it's on clothing, wash it right away.
3. If a person breathed in it, take him/her right outside to get fresh air.
She says that it felt like she had trouble breathing, then she felt the urge to faint...no, she didn't faint. She only rushed outside and I poured her a cup of water. She says she can still feel a little bit of it right now. I'd be worried if she keeps feeling the faint over again. Also, I warned my kids STRICTLY that they are NOT to touch any medicine because it can cause explosions, poison, etc.