Michelle - posted on 02/08/2012 ( 6 moms have responded )
We have a son who's turning 10 months in 3 days. He's been crawling since he was 5months and started standing up using his toys and furnitures at 8months, and now actually walking along furnitures at 9 months,
My husband concerns ....
1) that our son doesnt know his name,
when we call his name, he sometimes respond and sometimes ignores it. like nobodys talking to him at all.
2) He doesnt make eye contact often.
3) He doesnt always eat for my husband, but does eat for me
4) He says dada but doesnt look at his father, and my husband think that he should look at him and knows that he is dada, He doesnt say mama often... but whens he playing with his toys, he speaks dada, mama, baba,tata...
5) Our son should know how to pass balls... well he does but not perfect, and somtimes he ended up releasing the ball backward. Im fine with it cos hes still 10months old and he will learn as time goes.
6) When its changing to pjs after bath time, our son like to play on bed, and my husband had a hard time putting diaper on him cos he just too wiggly, and again my husband things that our son should listen to him when he said "stop moving" so he can put the diapers on.
7) He doesnt hold his bottle, and his hands always moving while being fed unless hes really tired.
and list goes on and on...
My husband reads about all this stuff that the kid should be doing at certain age. Now, I told him that those are just guidelines of the potential things that your (generally speaking) kids can do. It doesnt mean that your kid should be doing everything, the article or books says. Every kid develop on their own unique way. And that he should be concern if our kids is like 18 months and doesnt crawl, walk, and talks.
He said, hes just concerned about the development because of all the stuff he reads... and this issue has been going on and on for like a month now. and he mentions it every time he gets home from work.... and it frustrates me . He makes me feel like im not doing everything while im at home with baby. And so i told him that if he thinks he can do a better job than i do staying at home looking after our son, that i will go back to work and he stays at home.
Its really wearing me out, he cant comfort our son when hes crying, he doesnt always eat for him, he does less for our son... besides playing with him on the weekends and an hour or two at night during weekdays, and he expects too much of him.
should we be concerned with his development, i personally think that our son is developing well, its just my husband wants him to be more advance and for our son to do more than what hes doing now?