Vicky - posted on 09/24/2013 ( 12 moms have responded )
Ok so long story short I'm 24 type 1insulin dependant diabetic. We had a baby February 2012 but unfortunately lost our son 4days later, during my emergency cesarean they had to extend the usual incision over my hips and up towards my belly button (known as an invented T) I also lost a massive amount of blood to the point my partner came close to loosing us both there and then. In the process of trying to deliver our son they had no choice but to knock me out, drag the lead doctor of the department and break our sons arm to get him free. 4days later on Neonatal we had no choice but to remove his life support due to the lack of oxygen to the base of his brain. The blood transfusion I was given while still in hospital was not working so I went home with Iron tablets and loads of tablets. The day of my second stitch removal visit to the hospital a week later the wound became majorly infected, resulting in daily doctors and district nurse visits to the point they were talking about reconstructive/plastic surgery and I only got discharged from them December 2012 and now have an extra 2 "belly buttons" for the privilege.
My question to you all is as doctors have not said how long we should wait before trying or his little brother or sister, what would you advise? I would appreciate any help you can give and apologies if this had upset anybody x