Polyhydramnios? I need advice.

Sara - posted on 07/17/2012 ( 4 moms have responded )

8

5

0

I am 38 weeks. I went into labor and delivery last night for low kick count. They did an ultrasound and saw that there was way to much amniotic fluid. They are making me wait 5 days to induce me. I was not sure about what kind of risks there are with this so I looked it up and now I am worried. I need advice please. Im really worried.

4 Comments

View replies by

Jaime - posted on 07/17/2012

4,427

24

197

I was induced the day before my due date. Just try to take it easy for the next five days and it will be here before you know it! :)

Sara - posted on 07/17/2012

8

5

0

How long did they wait to induce you? My concern is that they should have already induced me.

Jaime - posted on 07/17/2012

4,427

24

197

I had this with my son and I was also induced. The main risk that my doctor talked about was that if my water broke on its own and the cord was around his neck, it would tighten with the force of the water. I am happy to say that he is a healthy 3.5 years now :) Being induced is the safest bet at this point because the doctor can control the water break and monitor the baby. If you are even slightly concerned about ANYTHING in the next 5 days don't hesitate to go back in to the hospital...even if just for your own peace of mind.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms