Potty training advice?
MOST HELPFUL POSTS
Faye - posted on 06/07/2012
1. Do not use the PullUps! Those are the worst idea ANYONE came up with. ("Let's just make a diaper that goes on like underwear." BULL)
2. Buy at least 12 pairs of cotton or terry cloth undies. Make it an adventure where she gets to choose the colors or charcters.
3. Buy a 2nd bottle/box of laundry soap. (You will need it by the end.) Accept the accidents without making a big deal of it.
4. Use a timer (independent reminder) set for 10 min time frames, (you can choose the time frame). IF she is successful, PRAISE and CLAP, If she is not succussful, Praise for trying. Soon she will have this mastered.
5. Slowly increase the time frames, (10, 20, 30, 45, 60 minutes). Some day soon you will hear "I am a big girl now and do not need that timer." Best words you can hear. After about 3 weeks of the timer my son told me those words. Our sitter also was working with him so that helped as well.
6. Night time will come a bit later.
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms