Should I let my 15 year son have sex in my house or at all?
MOST HELPFUL POSTS
~â¥Little Miss - posted on 06/27/2013
Control is an illusion. You have no control over them having sex. So you "letting" them is a moot point. They don't need your permission.
I agree with EVERYTHING Shawnn said. Also, getting them on birth control, and teaching them how to use a condom (yes even if you have a girl) is vital.
â« Shawnn âªâ«â« - posted on 06/27/2013
if the answer to the following is yes, then, you do whatever you wish
1) have your children had a full sex education, including first pelvic exam (for your daughter) and full physical for your son?
2) Do they FULLY (and don't namby pamby this) understand the consequences of sex in the regards to their mental health, physical health, and emotional health? And I do mean fully understand. Do they understand that sex tweaks a different part of the brain and causes different feelings and actions to emerge, and those who engage in sexual intercourse at their extremely young ages tend to have problems with self esteem after the fact?
3) Can they articulate WHY they think that taking such an intimate step is advisable at their ages? (not just because "everyone does it")
4) Can you HONESTLY say that you have provided them with the fullest, frankest sexual discussions, covering everything from herpes to AIDS, the consequences of unprotected sex, the difficulty a teen parent faces vs an adult who's had time to get their shit together?
5) Are they ready and fully prepared, financially, mentally, and physically to endure the pregnancy and aftermath? Are they prepared to make the hard choice of Keep, surrender for adoption, or terminate a pregnancy with the full understanding of the implications and consequences of each option?
When you can HONESTLY say that, then you can say your kids are ready. Otherwise, momma, you have some work to do before you give permission.
Personally? I lost my virginity when I was 16, and regret it to this day.
This conversation has been closed to further comments
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms