Patricia - posted on 08/28/2012 ( no moms have responded yet )
Hi I had my son in 2008 by vaginal birth but the doctor had to do an episiotomy because after hours I couldnt push head out he was too big and they didnt want to wait any longer. In October 2011 I had my daughter by c-section . The doctor I had told me I was ready to deliver she induced me around 7 am and by 6 pm had not dilated past 5 cm and my daughters heart rate went down the doctor said she thought the umbilical cord was being clamped down by the contractions so did a emergency c- section. My husband was furious with her and we both felt like she didnt know what she ws doing. I have since heard about 90% of the babies she delivers are by c-section. I felt very bad and depressed for trusting my doctor instead of insisting to wait until term and going into labor my self. Only reason why I did was aI trusted the doctor and I had the carpal tunnel syndrome in both of my hands for last couple months which was very painful and my daughter the way she was laying was very painful. N0w I am pregnant again which wasnt planned and a surprise . My daughter and the baby will be exactly 1 yr and a few days apart and I am wondering about doing a v-bac? I found a doctor who is for v bacs and is all for it but sill wants me to be aware of the risk and want sme and my husband to make the decision. He also told me there are risk for both a repeat c-section or vbac. Can anyone give me any advice on this ? Is there anyone else who had a vbac with children a year apart ?