What do you do with your kids for fun?
Kate - posted on 04/24/2009
They play a lot of sports, and they love showing us what they have learned when they get home, of course we are expected to join in.
We have a big garden and they love helping me when I'm working, they think that is fun, I can think of another name for pulling weeds!
I take them to the cinema or the swimming pool in town sometimes, and then for a muffin afterwards.
We often go for walks, either around where we live (quiet roads in the counryside) or in the woods nearby.
If the day is warm (not very often in Ireland!) we go to the local beach. Sometimes we go when it is not so warm, and just walk along the sand picking shells and stones.
My eldest son loves reading, and my youngest loves having stories read to him, so they are both happy!
Of course, the old reliables when the weather is nasty or we are just feeling a bit lazy, the television and the video games!!! :)
Katie - posted on 04/24/2009
1. I make bread with my kids, my 9yr old is learning fractions so the baking helps her understand it.
2. We paint on Canvases and hang the pictures around the house, when were tired of them we paint more.
3. We have a grarden and check out our fruits and veggies growing
4. We go to the beach alot and collect shells, then we look them up in the shell book
5. The library is always fun
6.We play games as a family on the wii, no individual zoning out with it.
7. Going to the do it yourself car wash is a blast for the kids especially if you hit every mud puddle along the way.
8. Mystery Masage- take different objects and run them down each others back and try to figure out what it is
9. We take kites to the beach
10. we read to eachother and make up stories to get giggles
Hope this helps! BTW we dont have TV/cable
Nikki - posted on 04/24/2009
My daughter is only 10 and half months old but we take her swimming at indoor pools and she takes a parent/infant class at swimtastics that is daddy and Emma time.
We got for walks and to the park or out for ice cream
The library for story time she gets to meet other children
I have taking her to the rodeo and a few hockey games
Maria - posted on 04/24/2009
As much as I like the advancement in technology, I'm a firm believer that children need to explore and since it also helps them to become social beings, my husband and I , or if my husband can't join me, I used to bring my boys to the park and play ball when they were little. I still do just to unwind and for all of us to spend some quality time. It's also one way to get fit for a healthy lifestyle!
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms