What food can I give to my 8 month old baby
Sarah - posted on 04/18/2015
You can feed an 8 month old a modified table food diet. That includes soft cooked veggies, potatoes, ground meats, scrambled eggs, tofu, yogurt, soft fruits, dry cereal, almost anything you eat that baby can "chew".
I would not advise putting any type of "food" into a bottle. You can certainly feed your child navy beans, but I would cook til soft and then either let baby self feed, or you can mash them and feed from a spoon. Learning to self feed and to eat varied textures from utensils in an important skill that baby will master over the next year or so.
Remember, until baby is one year old, the food is for learning and for fun. You baby will still get most of his/her nutrients from breast milk or formula.
Stephanie - posted on 04/18/2015
When my baby (which is 5 now) was your baby's age my husband would puree her some navy beans. When he first mentioned it I was like no way! My baby is not about to eat that but I let him have his way and she loved it! Do you hear me? She loves navy beans to this day! Yes, navy beans. They are high in fiber but the thing I liked about them for my baby was that she wasn't gaseous, they didn't hurt her stomach or anything. I forgot- this is what he did:
1) Soak the beans over night in a bowl.
2) Wash the beans and pick out the ugly looking beans and bean shells that came off during soaking.
3) Lightly season the water for the beans (we cooked ours in a crock pot)
4) Cook all day on high, and turn down low over night for more softer beans cook a little longer
5) Pour beans and some of the juice off the beans into a blender and let it blend until it looks like soup (it may be a little thick depending on how long you cooked them blend some more)
Make the hole on baby's bottle big enough for her to get it out but not to big for it to choke her.
Baby will be in love and you too, dinner time will be a breeze and sleep time will come soon after.
I hope this helps.
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms