Marwa El - posted on 08/29/2013 ( no moms have responded yet )
1- Breastfeeding protects babies:
* Early breast milk is liquid gold
* Your breast milk changes as your baby grows
* Breast milk is easier to digest
* Breast milk fights disease (Necrotizing (nek-roh-TEYE-zing) enterocolitis (en-TUR-oh-coh-lyt-iss), a disease that affects the gastrointestinal tract in preterm infants. Lower respiratory infections. Asthma. Obesity and Type 2 diabetes
2- Mothers benefit from breastfeeding:
* Life can be easier when you breastfeed
* Breastfeeding can save money
* Breastfeeding can feel great – Physical contact is important to newborns. It can help them feel more secure, warm, and comforted. Mothers can benefit from this closeness, as well. Breastfeeding requires a mother to take some quiet relaxed time to bond. The skin-to-skin contact can boost the mother’s oxytocin (OKS-ee-TOH-suhn) levels. Oxytocin is a hormone that helps milk flow and can calm the mother.
* Breastfeeding can be good for the mother’s health, too – Breastfeeding is linked to a lower risk of these health problems in women: Type 2 diabetes, Breast cancer, Ovarian cancer, Postpartum depression.