Why doesn't every food allergy parent have their child desensitized?

Marie - posted on 04/28/2013 ( 3 moms have responded )

2

0

0

Their child can die from accidental exposure. Only parents of anaphylactic children.

3 Comments

View replies by

~♥Little Miss - posted on 04/28/2013

21,273

9

3058

My friends son is HIGHLY allergic to peanuts. In fact it is SOOOO bad, that if you just ate peanuts and he smells your breath he can die. Some parents just do not want to put their kids at risk. Way to judge.

Jodi - posted on 04/28/2013

3,561

36

3907

Because immunotherapy for food allergies is considered experimental, highly risky to research, and is at this point not available for food allergies because it has not been FDA approved.....

Firebird - posted on 04/28/2013

2,660

30

521

Because what may work for one, may not work for another? Every person is designed differently and as such every affliction (such as allergies) differs depending on the make up of the person who is afflicted. Desensitizing may work for some people but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms