Tiffany - posted on 09/06/2010 ( 191 moms have responded )
We currently have a son who will be 3 on Dec 17th, and a baby girl who will be 1 on Sept 9th. We want to try for our 3rd and last soon. Our son was 12 months old when we found out i was preg with our little girl. I love their age diff. I would like our 3rd to have the same age diff from our girl as she does from our boy, there is just one thing. Our little girl has spina bifida. Nothing major, hers is a small case that is only delaying her walking. She will walk soon, just not now. She has an appt in Feb to see what we can do to speed up her progress. I want to go ahead and try now, but i also want to wait and see what the dr says. She is very tiny, but a chunk, but only weighs 17 lbs cuz of her length so if I was to become preg now, carrying her would not be an issue. My son was over 25 lbs when i became prg with her. All though he was walking, i still carried him alot and that wasnt a problem so im not worried about that. No matter what the dr says, we still want a 3rd soon. But the thing im having trouble with is deciding if we should try now, or wait till Feb. I currently have an IUD so i still would have to get that out and lots of medical advise i have gotten was that it usually talkes at least one cycle to become pregnant but not always. Sometimes it happens right then. Me and my husband are both torn. We both want to try NOW but also want to know how soon baby girl will be walking. Either way, no matter what anyone tells us, on hre or in person, we will still try by Feb. I just want to see if anyone has any advise that will help us make our decission on when.