Amy - posted on 02/02/2010 ( 2 moms have responded )
So we're thinking about doing CIO for my 7 month old son who is currently sleeping with us on our bed and drinking avg 10 oz at night, waking up 4-5 times.. I have some questions on CIO:
1) How long does it take? How many days?
2) Did baby behave differently after the first day, ie. distant and not smile at you?
I tried this at 4 months for 1 time for a day and gave up, and he reacted that way just for the morning.
3) How long to let him cry? And how long will they typically cry?
4) How long is baby sleeping now?
5) He is going through separation anxiety stage, is this a good time to do this? He is also very stubborn.
6) Does it work if the crib is in your bedroom or does the baby need to be in his own room?