My son swallowed a quarter & it's still in his stomach a week later (x ray)..any ideas to get it to go through?
MOST HELPFUL POSTS
Tobhiyah - posted on 02/10/2009
Thank you, hopefully ours will pass organically too. We did an e-ray a week after he swallowed it & it was still in his stomach. The surgeon said it could take up to two months to pass. We are diaper fishing too..what a crappy job! ;0) I'm going to feel like I struck Gold when I find it! They also said not to worry unless he gets a fever, vomiting or no bowel movements (he's still having 2- 4 a day) so for now, we play the waiting game.
Debbie - posted on 02/07/2009
This happened to my daughter when she was 3....It has to pass naturally and we had to check her poop each time she went....not fun. Anyway about a week later, we did another xray and it was gone (even though we never found it) My guess is that it happened at the sitters home even though she was checking also...she did take care of 2 other children so it could of been miss. It's scary, but it resolves itself in most cases.
Denise - posted on 02/07/2009
Hope everything works out ok for him. My son swallowed a quarter when he was 13 of all things! He was rolling it with his tongue and accidently swallowed it. It just naturally passed, so I hope it is the same for your son. Good Luck!
Julie - posted on 02/07/2009
How old is your son? I think I would check with his doctor. A quarter is a lot bigger than pennies etc. I would be worried after a week that it has not passed. So, check with his doctor to make sure that you shouldn't be concerned.
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms