Roxanne - posted on 11/12/2010 ( 6 moms have responded )
My daughter has been formula fed since 1 month old - she was a terrible breastfeeder (constantly lost latch and would yank head back while still on the breast) and since we have switched to bottle feeding, it has got no better - every feed is a battle. She slurps, clicks, chokes, gulps down air and generally makes a real hash job of drinking her bottle - every feed eventually results in her screaming every time you offer her the bottle - the only reason she has continued to gain weight and stay healthy is because of my persistence and patience... but its starting to run out!
Things I have tried over the last month:
- Slower teast (she currently uses the slowest Philips AVENT teat)
- Different teats, I have a cupboard fun of teats, I dont know that there are anymore out there that I havent tried (and man that is an expensive business!)
- Warmer milk... and cooler milk
- Infacol in the bottle (helps babies bring up wind)
- Burping her everytime she fusses
- Sitting her up to drink
- Holding her feeds out to every 5 hours so she is really hungry
She had a slight posterior tongue tie that was cut at one month old, but made no real change to the way she fed.
If you have any ideas or tips, I would be really grateful!