I think my baby ate soap!

Christina - posted on 03/18/2009 ( 3 moms have responded )

18

0

0

So I was feeding my 2 month old with the bottle of breastmilk. I noticed that he didn't really want to take it. However, I kept burping him, and feeding him.
Thinking something was weird, I smelled the bottle and it smelled like SOAP! I am worried that the dishwasher cycle and sanitizer didn't clean it all the way out.
Then I noticed some soapy bubbles collecting in the corner of his mouth where he was spitting up a little bit.
What should I do???- Oh My!!
Right now he is sleeping...I know he didn't eat as much as he should have (thank goodness) but he looks content at the current moment. I guess if he was in serious discomfort he would be crying right now, right?
I am never relying on the dishwasher again!

This conversation has been closed to further comments

3 Comments

View replies by

Kayleigh - posted on 03/18/2009

15

22

0

def call someone just to be sure but i think he will be ok, mayb get a few really nasty nappies, he would let you know if he was in pain yes! aw bless ya!

[deleted account]

Just to be safe I would call either poison control (800-222-1222) or his pediatrician and see what they say

[deleted account]

Just to be safe I would call either poison control (800-222-1222) or his pediatrician and see what they say

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms