PLEASE HELP... i need advice on child safety

Sierra - posted on 01/21/2010 ( 3 moms have responded )




I had a friend in high school that got pregnant at the same time as me. We spent some time together during the pregnancy but she not only still smoke cigarettes and drank alcohol but come to find out did the occational hard core drug here and there (ie: coke) on top of smoking pot. Once her daughter was born I prayed that things would change. She was living with her boyfriend in a shack that to me looks like its falling apart. Neither one of them had a job. Using their parents as a means to support their lifestyle and daughter. I just found out that she is again pregnant (6 months) and NOTHING has changed. She still does all the same stuff as before but now for money she prostitutes herself. I am so concerned for her daughter and unborn baby. I need advise on what to do. I don't want to leave this alone because god forbid something happens to those kids I'd feel guilty because I didn't do anything about it. PLEASE HELP!

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS


View replies by

Courtney - posted on 01/21/2010




yeah I would def call social services! that is horrible...its only a matter of time before something happens to those babies!

Sarah - posted on 01/21/2010




Good for you for wanting to take action. The best way would be to make a report with your local Department of Human Services (sometimes called social services) or Child protection agency. Often times the phone number is in the front of the phone book under government either for city or county (depending on how big of a city you live in). The more actual proof you have the better. This will make the case stronger and they will have more information to go off of to take whatever action they need to take. They can't release the name of who reported and you don't have to give your name if you do not wish to. Again the more facts you can give the better.

Claire - posted on 01/21/2010




that is terrible if i were you i would phone social services or a child protection number you got to think of the babies!!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms