does this sound as odd as i think it does?

Pat - posted on 05/06/2011 ( 22 moms have responded )




for those not husband molested my daughter, did a few months in jail, is now out.
i just went through some old mail(well from december) with his name on it..a letter from the IRS and confirming his employer number as in he is running a is the weird or creepy part.... the name... rent a pop. i am a bit freaked out since we had a conversation a couple years ago about how nice it would be to help single moms by having a service where men could be like big brothers, but be father type figures to fatherless kids. so putting those two together... warning bells were going off. am i being overly sensitive? I cant believe that he would have the nerve to actually try something like this... he is showing on the offender list and i am sure it is part of his probation to not be around minors. SO... am i being paranoid???


Kelly - posted on 05/06/2011




Doesn't sound paranoid to me! I'd be super suspicious about that. Is there a way to contact his probation officer? Or maybe contact your lawyer and have s/he look into it further. I'd much rather jump to these conclusions than sit back when other children could be in harms way. Good luck to you!


View replies by

Angela - posted on 05/17/2012




Discreetly notify the authorities. I'm sure he has other skills he could use to make a living.

If he wants to move forward and re-build his life, he needs a profession that he can safely carry out without putting himself at risk of re-offending.

I would defend his right to earn a living but also insist that he shows responsibility in selecting a line of work where he's not going to commit a crime against a child or indeed any person.

If he can come out of jail after serving time for being a paedophile, does he really WANT to go back? What a stupid man!

Inform his Probation Officer!

Melissa - posted on 05/16/2012




No, you are not being paranoid at all. When dealing with a sick predator nothing is impossible.

Teresa - posted on 05/10/2012




I would not be able to sit in the vicinity of anyone that molested either of my children. There is forgiveness but that does not mean we keep ourselves or our children in the arena to be sinned against (molested) again. Plus I would NOT be able to hold myself back, I know my faults berforehand. I would be screaming to the world! You do not want any others being molested by him for it would be very heavy on your heart had you not warned anybody. Accessory is as bad as committing the offense!

Patricia - posted on 05/06/2012




no you are most certainly not being paranoid make sure everyone knows for there childrens safety and yours

Betty - posted on 05/05/2012




No you are definitely not paronoid.But for the life of me,why are you still with him,if he molested your daughter.He sounds to me to be a very devious man..Dont trust him again near your daughter either.If he is not to be around minors as is stated on his probation form,then maybe the authorities should be involved before more young people are affected for life by him...Always remember,Leapords dont change their spots....

Levornia - posted on 05/05/2012




wOW with the use of modern technology you can post his name and business over the internet so women can watch out for him. Mothers also need to know that being a single mother is a.o.k. men like this look for single mothers who have to have a man or a father. There are many successful people who grew up in single parents home. No you are not paranoid that's disgusting of him to target women and children like that.

Ashley - posted on 05/01/2012




Yuck. He would most likely be breaking his parole rules if he tried to open a business like that. Call your attorney, see if they can forward the information on. :(

[deleted account]

I would take it the closed police station, and explain the situation. So they can investigate the situation.

Eliese - posted on 05/10/2011




NO! I'd have a word with his probation officer. You may feel kind of awkward, but honestly, a bit of discomfort for you is much better than anyone else's child being abused by this man. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

Theresa - posted on 05/09/2011




You can't be too paranoid when it comes to the safety of kids especially when he's already been an offender. I would report it to his probation officer and have him check into it. i would also call the better business bureau (sp?) they can also check into it.

Emily - posted on 05/09/2011




heck no youre not paranoid. Its called mothers intuition for a good reason. call cops warn the parents hes frauding... and omg ditch the loser.

Pat - posted on 05/09/2011




im just gonna send it to the officer. i dont have the energy to spend on this. i cant read his mind, and he will just deny it...thats all i can do. hopefully its nothing, but i dont want to just let someone be put in that positiion...

Carla - posted on 05/09/2011




Yeah, Pat, I'm in agreement, call the police or call his probation officer. Probation officers have so many cases that they can't watch every guy, so I think I would call the officer that came out to the house when you first reported him, as he will have his notes from the incident and be able to give details others won't have.

Prayin' for strength for you, honey.

Gill - posted on 05/08/2011




Nope don't think you're being paranoid. As parents we are called to protect our children and I think your instincts are spot on... God gives us insight - we need to learn to trust Him and act accordingly.
May you be blessed as you continue to be a strong and faithful parent.

Marilyn - posted on 05/08/2011




You can never be too paranoid where it concerns kids. If he was willing to molest his own daughter, there's a good chance he would molest other kids. In any case, not good to put him too near temptation. And I bet his probation does say to stay away from minors. Perhaps another line of work would be best for him.

Amanda - posted on 05/07/2011




If I were you I would try to look it up either on the internet or with whatever information you can get off the IRS papers. If you find anything that even makes you wonder I would bring it to the attention whoever will do something with the information. I agree with Kelly if there is even a small possibilty that he is harming other children you should try looking into it anyway you can. Good Luck. You and your family remain in my prayers.

Pat - posted on 05/07/2011




i dont think itd be hard to find out who his parole officer is and just let them deal with it. I may send to dist attorney also. he knows he shows on the offender registry and i am sure being around minors would violate parole and land him in jail..i know he is more sly than that... i just cant think of any other explanation for a name like that

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms