my son's story

Casey - posted on 08/28/2011 ( 1 mom has responded )




I found out I was pregnant at 17 and had my wonderful son 9 days before I turned 18. I was with his father we I found out I was pregnant but it didnt last long. When my son was 3 months old his father went to county jail for 3 months. He was then put on probation for burglary. He was doin a fairly good job as a father until he decided to move out of state. Witch was aginst his probation. I told him he was never goin to see my son again because it wasnt fair to him that he was doin this to him. They had just got on a regular visitation schedule. I was angry and the filter from brain to mouth didnt work that day. Well he never tried. I found out from his parents that he was in prison. They say it was by his choice. Im not totally sure about that. But hes been there for a little less then 2 years. Hes supposed to get out in December of this year. Im not sure I want him to have anything to do with my son. We have gotten used to him not being there. What are all of your thoughts?


Crystal - posted on 09/19/2011




It's so tough to be in situations like heart goes out to you and your family. I would like to ask if you are a Christian? I ask, because I believe with all of my heart that the only way that your situation can have a guarenteed good turn around is through Christ.
Of course, it will still be tough, but I suggest seeing a Christian counselor ( ) as well as getting involved with a Christian-based prison fellowship that provides support for families; ask your church or contact a large church if they know of a place.
It is important that your son have a relationship with his father...however, there are a lot of factors to consider whether this will be healthy. If you and his father are willing to work together and he is willing to make some changes, it would be amazing for your son. God can perform miracles if people are open to His Will.
I just found this, maybe it will be helpful for you:
1.For in-home services such as counseling, contact Youth Villages at 423-954-8890 or 866-791-9225; or Partnership for Children Families and Adults at 423-755-2785.
2.Contact a local church pastor, counselor or church office for help.
3.Contact a local mental health center for counseling help or Richmont Community Counseling Center at 423-648-2423.
4.Contact your county school system's student services department, Guidance Counselor or Social Worker for referral services.
5.Contact your local health department for family resources and referrals.
6.In the Chattanooga area the 211 agency can also assist with referrals. You may follow this link for some referral resources or call 423-265-8000 in Tennessee or 800-635-0444 in Georgia and Alabama.
7.If you need a Residential Treatment Center due to higher behavioral/emotional issues, contact KidLink Network at 800-726-4032.
8.If you need further ideas, call David Shinn at 423-842-5757 x 222 to discuss.

Also, my husband is in prison and getting out in December! I am involved in Celebrate Recovery. There I have met many women who have been in or ARE in similar situations that I could really connect with! If you're interested, it has really helped keep me encouraged....and sane! http://www.celebraterecovery
You're in our prayers. Don't give up, you're doing great, I can see you truly want what's best for your son...

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms