Need custody advice

Maria - posted on 02/01/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




I'm going to a custody trial setting sons father attached false police reports against me on his court documents. (his threats are becoming reality I'm afraid of him. Please advice:( at the moment I have sole custody & he has visitations he has a violent history and currently a criminal protective order against him. He is angry at me because I don't want to be in a times I think Of going back with him just so he can stop defaming me . I don't love him anymore . I just fear .


View replies by

Dee Dee - posted on 02/02/2013




Hi Maria
very few nature mother would lose custody. I will not go back to him for any reason, unless you love him. He is always going to be who he is. do something to control your fear. join supporting group, talk to a affordable lawyer.... do whatever that can prepare you for the trial. by any chance that you have the proof that the police reports are false. It would be nice to take the proof to court and hang loose. deal with it when it comes. good luck


[deleted account]

First, don't go back to him--do you really want your son to grow up thinking this is how he should treat a woman?? You said he is violent, do you really want to put your son in danger??

Second, if he is attaching false police reports, all you have to do is obtain an official copy of your criminal record from your local law enforcement agency. Some places you have to pay for it, but it's not much--$20-$30. Fabricating police reports is a crime, and so is lying in court, and providing falsified evidence. If the documents he attached are proven to be fabricated in court, he could face jail time and heavy fines, plus, you would win your custody battle easily and make it very difficult for him to be taken seriously by any judge in the future should he ever try to take you to court again.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms