what to do with my 18 year old child who has the ability to work

Terrance - posted on 07/27/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




Le t me start simply by saying I'm not trying to be hard but this is a young man who has the ability to do great things despite his disabilities he was section leader and his band and graduated from high school but it made me great promises when we started talking about him moving in with me now I find that all he does and sit on the couch sleeps and watches Nick teen he won't leave the house my fiance asked him if he was scared to go places on his own he supposed to be practicing for his drivers exam he won't use the computer is shut down though ringtones for his new phone I'm trying not to complain but this is starting to become redundant when I try to talk to him he seems simply to just shut down


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 08/04/2015




Perhaps it's time for this adult to move out and find out about life on his own. Set a time limit for him to have his driver's license, get a job, and start saving for a place of his own. Set a further time limit for him to move out.
Let him know: You're an adult, and being an adult requires you to be responsible.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms