Help... need info and advice!

Amanda - posted on 08/30/2010 ( 2 moms have responded )




My doctor didn't really let me know what is going to happen to my son. He is 4 weeks old now. I live at Ft. Carson. Should I ask for a referral to a pediatric urologist or just take him to the urologist on post? They did a partial circumcision before they saw that he had Hypospadias. Is there any special way I should clean it. They couldn't show me how at the hospital since they had done the partial circumcision... it was all red and swollen for a good 2 weeks. Any body have any advice on what to do?!


View replies by

Andrea - posted on 08/30/2010




it sounds like your son's case of hypospadias is mild (although I'm no doctor, they new right away with my son). I would get a referral to a pediatric urologist for sure, as he/she will know best. I didn't have to do anything different with regards to cleaning unless he was post surgery. My son is 27 months and has had 2 surgeries and will likely need a third since the original hole has not healed over as we had hoped. I doubt your son is the same severity but even if he does need surgery it won't be as bad as you think...don't worry.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms