looking for answers !!!

Bratz - posted on 07/24/2010 ( 6 moms have responded )




What is the point of a court order if it means shit. Ayva told me her dad took her to the liquor store and was drinking beer on the visit. I phoned the police and they said there is nothing they can do because there is no police enforcement clause and because an eight year old is not a credible witness, could someone please tell me how or what i can do in a situation where the other parent has rights of access but i feel my child is not safe in the other parents home


View replies by

Cherie - posted on 07/29/2010




document....is right! also revisit ur court visitation & custody papers as said above...look for any clause related to the childs safety and any restrictions put in place b the court....if these unsafe situations apply to any order the court has put in place....then file a petition for a motion to the court and file a motion for Contempt Of Court on the parent that is causing harm or potential harm on our child or children. obtain a lawyer if possible. each state has what they call....The Lawyer Referal Services.....it offers reduced lawyer fees.....every Lawyer is required to do free/reduced services to the community as part of their licensing. it is a $25 first time fee...and depending on your income each session or sessions will be rated at what you can comfortably afford. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN.

Sarah - posted on 07/27/2010




Department of Child Welfare, CPS and revisit your visitation papers. If your child is being endangered you have every right to halt the visits and/or request supervised visit. Don't take this one lying down!

Kat - posted on 07/27/2010




Call children and youth services. If anyone can do anything, they can at least point you in the right direction.

Annmarie - posted on 07/27/2010




Doesn't matter to the courts. In our case we are still fighting after 11yrs. His ex even kept the kids out of school for 3wks and disobeyed order 6 times by not returning them. The court says that unless they are actually harmed in a physical or sexual way there is nothing you can do. We even had a court ordered psychologist recommend supervised visits and the judge ignored that, so good luck.

Jane - posted on 07/26/2010




Document, document, document. Hopefully find witnesses. If your daughter is 8, she should know which establishment he's frequenting with her in tow.

Consider modifying the order to include police enforcement.

Felicia - posted on 07/24/2010




First you need to always document these occurrences keep a journal and then talk to a lawyer about what your next step should be, maybe supervised visits?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms