Divorce and Special Needs

[deleted account] ( 3 moms have responded )

Husband decided he had enough and filed for divorce about two weeks ago. I am a stay at home mom for my 6 yr old with Asperger's. Being that I haven't recieved any support - I applied for assistance through the county. Has anyone been in this situation? Been left with nothing and now facing months of litigation? Afraid we will be forced into a homeless shelter if my hiusband doesn't pay the rent. Hope to hear from someone. Thanks..


View replies by

Nerissa - posted on 03/27/2011




wow yes i am going threw that now, i have a 9yr and 8yr old 6 yr old and a 4yr, My 8 year has speech aprixa and can not talk he also has NFtype1 and o.c.d, i have never had a job and now i can find one. i will only get 500.00 child support. look me and send me a friends request on facebook.

Danielle - posted on 03/10/2011




I know how you feel my ex couldn't handle my 6 year old cause she has adhd and learning disability we didn't lose are home but money was tight, but he's not her dad he's her step dad. her dad is not involved but he does pay child support.

Christina - posted on 02/23/2011




You need to apply for SSI for her. My daughter is too high functioning with her Asperger's for me to get SSI, and I don't particularly want it. However, most states are going to make you apply anyway, and if you are denied, you can get assistance.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms