Sick and tired

Nae - posted on 01/08/2018 ( 1 mom has responded )




The father of my two children only pay $50 a month for child support. This is all he has paid. My boys are 11yo. and 15yo. This child support agreement was made between our attorneys years ago. Never filed with Attorney General.

I am looking to file now. Possibly seeking back support as well. I am currently married and a stay at home mom. He is married too. Both him and his wife has asked me to claim both boys on taxes. Even though we share 50/50 physical custody I agreed since I was not working. Last year, I told them I will claim one of our sons. His wife told me to my face “we will file both boys. Just let IRS audit. Who ever claims first will get it”. I was taken aback by her response. Now I want to go full force on what is right.


Anne - posted on 01/11/2018




Talk to a lawyer and have it put in writing how you will handle claiming the children on taxes...this way it's in writing, filed with the court, and if anyone tries to do different they will be violating the agreement and there are consequences to that. My ex and I have it in writing that he will claim our oldest son and I will claim our youngest. My husband and his ex do the same with their two kids and we both have it in is a legal document.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms