my son wants to go to college

Catherine - posted on 08/01/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




my son is nearly 20yrs he is claiming jobseekers allowance,he has got a place in college to do a hairdressing course for 1year full time,we have been trying to fill in the bursery form and it seems to be that if he is living with us he will not get no bursery as we make enough on our wages,how can we posable keep a 20yr old for a year,it seems to be if we put him out the house he might get something,can anyone help with this please.thankyou


S. - posted on 08/01/2012




My nephew turns 20 this year and my sister money stops for him he has no choice but to leave education and find a full time job, my other nephew is 17 and my other sister gets nothing as they earn to much! I'm guessing with the "jobseekers" you live in the Uk? I'd suggest you have him find a part time job, asda is really good for students as they let them do extra in the holidays.
If you are seriously thinking about making him leave look first in to council housing, housing benefits, and what benefits he will be entitled too cos you might end up trying to support him and furnish a flat. is good for the right info!
I think a few years ago the government was helping young ppl but now cos of the resetion they have gone bk to square one again. If anything your son will learn that life if bloody hard work. Good luck.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms