i have court ordered sole custody of thirteen year twins if they go live with their father can he hit me for child support?


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 02/11/2013




This will need to be revisited by the courts, but the simple answer is yes. The non custodial parent should pay support to the custodial parent.

If you live in a state where they will be able to choose who to live with at a certain age (say, 13), and they choose to change their living arrangements, then you'll need to abide by that, and, yes, your ex will have every right to seek support from you.

If he hasn't been paying his support, and you have it documented with the state, then you would be able to have the amount owed you taken out of the amount which you must pay him.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms