Please HELP ME!!! I am a college student! Calling all MOMs with children that have SPECIAL NEEDS

Stefani - posted on 04/04/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I am in a psychology of child development class and my next asignment due is one that requires me to observe a special needs toddler between the ages of 2 and 4.

I do not have access to any special needs children and was wondering if someone would be so kind as to allow me to observe their child.

I have no problem speaking on the phone first and showing all my credentials because I am aware that this is not something that people are always comfortable doing.

I will need to Skype the person so I can observe:

the way the toddler stands (w/o difficulty), if the child walks well, walks backwards, walks up or down alternating feet, how accurately the child kicks a ball, whether the child looks as though he/she is able to run and control speed and direction, if they can jump over a small object and land on two feet, if the child hops steadily on one foot, how well the child climbs, if the child reacts rhythmically to music, and if the child claps in rhythm.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out, it would greatly be appreciated.

I am a Psychology major and I really need to get this assingment done :/

Please contact me for further information.


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 04/05/2013





I work at a University, and generally, when giving an assignment such as this, the professor will also give a list of resources in your area that you can access in order to complete your assignment.

Check with your professor. Then, check with daycares in your area. Understand that they may be reluctant to share information and resources with you unless your professor has already set something up.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms