Son won't go see his father or go to school

Athena - posted on 11/19/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




Primary custody was taken away from me last year because me son make allegations of abuse to him. My son refused to see me. 6 months after the change of custody. My son started seeing me then wanted to come back. He said his father told him to say those things he buy him a car. Judge will not reverse the order and is told me I have to drive him out to Shelby county high school when I live in Louisville. What can I do?


Raye - posted on 11/20/2015




You have to abide by the court orders. If the father is supposed to have custody, then the child needs to be with him according to the court orders. If you and the father have a personal agreement to let the boy spend more time with you, then you still can't just yank him out of school. He needs to attend the same school through the end of the year. If the father will agree to changing schools next year, then you can enroll him in a school closer to you. You should know, though, personal agreements don't mean anything legally. The father would still have custody and could change his mind and take the child back at any time. If you are able to come to an agreement that is different than the current court orders, you need to have the judge sign it and amend the orders so it's legal.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms