Hello ladies I need some advice about leaving my boyfriend. Please help me.

Hailey - posted on 12/01/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I am 21 and I have 2 kids with my boyfriend. I need help, i have a job but it's like pulling teeth to get full time. My kids are in daycare and his family does help with watching the boys. But he treats me so unfairly, he is always gone and everytime I ask him about it he turns it into an argument and says it's all my fault when I only asked him why he has been gone all day, he doesn't work. I have been keeping my mouth shut about the plan I am for seeing in my head...I don't care if he is cheating on me I just want out of this relationship. He screams at me in front I my kids he had head butt me, spit on me and he has punched my arm before. I called the police and they want me to drop the charges. He is very manipulative why would I drop the charges if they aren't going to make him go to jail? They would just make him go to anger management..I think they would use it against me in the future because all he does is threaten me why how he is going to take the kids from me when I have done nothing wrong. Anyways, I need some advice on where to start to finding my own place. I should have enough money saved up by February or March so I can put a couple months down plus a deposit. Where do I start? This is so much I handle right now and I am so scared to do this on my own but I know I can do it. Just need some advice. I don't have any friends or family up here I have to do this on my own.


Michelle - posted on 12/01/2013




Maybe ask at your local women's shelter. Your doctor should have contacts to help you leave an abusive relationship as well.
Good luck and well done for realizing that you don't have to put up with the abuse.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms