I got my exhusband to give up his rights to his daughter..she hasn't been adopted and we are trying to work things out...

Vanessa - posted on 04/12/2013 ( 2 moms have responded )




I got pregnant and decided I didn't want to be with the man. I took his little girl from him before he could take her from me. I have not tried, nor had he tried for a year to see his daughter. Since then he has married a wonderful wife and they currently have 3 children that my daughter wants to see. I also remarried and have ha 2 other children. She doesn't know her biological father as "daddy". Anyway, when she was 2 I convinced my exhusband to give up the rights of his daughter, which he did for her best interest with every plan to have my husband adopt her.
As of this date she has not been adopted and I am undergoing marital problems. I started talking with my exhusbands wife and have allowed my daughter visitation to her biological father. My question is..since we was never adopted is it possible to give her biological father back his right? If he is willing to work out child support and visitation between ourselves to help with his daughter do we need to still take it to the courts? Or could we write up a document and have it notarized for legal purposes??


View replies by

Ty - posted on 04/17/2013




Together you guys can just have him added to the birth certificate. I think it depends on the state though, you might try speaking to your local Legal aid office.


Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms