laws in texas can i keep my son even if we have court orders .. Help!!

Kelly - posted on 08/11/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




ok it all started when i let my ex pick up our son for the weekend since it had been a month or so since he last saw him. when i called monday to pick him up he would not give him back to me . i filed papers got a lawyer and months passed till we went to court .when court came his case was i abandoned my son. somehow, i dont know what judge in his right mind gave us shared custody and i "extended standard visitation" . the court papers say we are equally to be involved in my sons life as to starting pre k school , sports , dr. visits . Of course like all immature boys he does not cooperate. He will not let me be involved in the school process or any other important things. i need to know facts about the law as to what if i keep my son like he did me, I really cant afford another lawyer so im asking for any useful info before i take action,


Enna - posted on 08/13/2013




Don't do anything that's not approved by the court, it will backfire against you, then you may not see your son at all. The only way you're going to get him back is to find something your ex has done wrong, or find some other way to prove that your son will be better off with you.
Shared parenting is common now, so even if your ex irritates you to death, you should probably get used to it and try to work with him.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms