my sons father is only there when it benefits him

Shady - posted on 03/07/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




My Son Is 5 And His Father And I We're Never Married. He Has Been In And Out Of His Life Since. Every Time He Does Come Back Into His Life When He Is Gone Again My Son Shows Very Angry Behavior. I Can Tell It Hurts Him But I Don't Know What To Do. This Last Time He Showed Up For Our Sons Birthday Party In Sept. And We Did Not Get So Much As A Phone Call From Him For About Four Months. Then Magically Around Tax Time He Says He Wants To Spend Time With His Son. I Let Him And Forgive Me For Not Being Supposed When He Asked Me If He Could Claim Him On Taxes. I Told Him No But Long Story Short He Did Anyway And Won't Tell Me Y. I Want Him To Stop Hurting My Son. I Want Full And Sole Custody. My Only Fear Is I Am A Recovering Addict And I Have Been Sober For Almost Two Years But Due To My Own Mistakes And Selfishness My Son Was Living In A Home Where There Was Drugs And So Two Years Ago I Received A Child Endangerment Charge. Now I Am Afraid If I Take Him To Court He Will Be Able To Use That Against Me. I Know That He Has Been Selling Drugs But I Have No Proof. I Also Know That Whenever He Does Take Our Son He Drops Him Off With A Sitter, And Generally Won't Tell Me Who It Is, The Entire Time To Party Because He Is A Severe Alcoholic. Please Help Me. My Son Is My World And I Will Do Whatever It Takes For Him To Not Be Emotionally Hurt By This Man Anymore. He doesn't pay child support and doesn't help out.and I have never asked him to.


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 03/08/2014




Can I just say that typing with Capital Letters at the start of every word makes it REALLY difficult to read.

You need to talk to a lawyer. However, his father will likely still get visitation rights.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms