ny newborn all he do is cry allday n all night i havent slept in 4 days n its killing me. i cant find a job n the state wont give me a check what should i do its hard coming up with the money 2 support them we leaving off my auntie n she got 6 kids im about ready 2 give up on motherhood what should i do. i have no help from neither of their fathers n my son never since his father or nobody in his family i need help come on circle of moms show me the way


Megan - posted on 05/31/2009




for the newborn... have you try's the five S's from Dr. Karp? They are swaddling, side/stomach, shush,, swing, and suck. They can really help soothe a baby. Try getting medicaid and WIC... to look into them go to you social services department! You can also try to look into local charities if need be. Taking help can be humbling but you have to do whatever is best for your babies!


this is in my opinion the holy grail of newborns

LISA - posted on 06/17/2009




Hey Caprice,

Seriously-let them go to jail please-I'm begging you. maybe they will think twice before they leave you with nothing again for their babies! I wish our society was tougher on our men-maybe then they would become more responsible and think with something other than their penises if there was such a thing as a real consequence. I am really sorry to hear about your situation but you can't give up on your babies. God gave them to you and there is too much help out there for single moms for you to not get some of it! Be strong-you can do it!


View replies by

Caprice - posted on 06/17/2009




thanks 2 everyones advice. i did put them on child support n they rather b in jail then give me a dime

Tonya - posted on 05/31/2009




Dont give up on being a mommy. Its the best job any woman will ever get to experience. Call your local SRS office, your local health departments, any place where you can get FREE advice and help. Your babies have to be your #1 priority.

Marie - posted on 05/31/2009




I can't respond to the american support system. I live in Canada.

As for crying baby - check for colic, check what you eat if you're breastfeeding - greens, greasy fast food, even dairy products - can cause gassyness in baby, and check the formula if that's what you use. Baby might have a food sensitivity.

Also for crying, consider "babywearing". I've been doing a lot of reading about it lately and am looking into it myself. Babies who are worn cry 30% less than babies who aren't. Check out www.milkface.com - Ring slings are the least expensive, (and they can be MADE) - and you can keep baby with you all the time and have your hands free to function around the house. I personally would go for a wrap or mei tai to wear baby all the time.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Best wishes.

Owna - posted on 05/31/2009




With ur newborn ck to see if the baby has colic, just like we get gas suck in places so do babies. If he does have colic try giving him some warm water this a tiny bit of baking soda. As far as your financial problems, you need to keep going to ur local DCF (dept of childern and families), wic and child support enforcement if dcf doesn't already do that when u apply for benefits. Girl put those kids fathers on child support, there is no way u should have to take care of ur children alone, just like they like jumpping in bed with u they need to take care of their kids. They may even try to make u feel bad about doing it but remember it's not for u it's for the kids. I don't know how it works where u r but here in florida they will suspend their dl if they don't pay and then a warrant is put out after 2 months. Keep ur faith, God wouldn't give u anything u really couldn't handle, take this time as a learning lesson. U know the situation ur in now and once ur out of it u'll do anything not to get back into it. I tell u this because I was in a simular situation many yrs ago nd once I got a job I said I wouldn't let myself go back. Don't give up, times are hard now but they will get alot better sooner than u think.

Jennifer - posted on 05/31/2009




Hi, I also live in Wisconsin (close to Eau Claire). Have you looked into Badger Care and WIC? The state also has a foodshare program and they have housing, utility help and so much for single moms. Just google WIC in Wisonsin and all the info will come up for you. Give them a call and they can also help you with all of the other programs that are available. If you need anymore help just let me know and I can look up some info for you. I am on the WIC and Badger Care program so I can get you the info if you need it. Good Luck!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms