peanut allergy

Sabrina - posted on 08/26/2009 ( 1 mom has responded )




my son just had his first bday and got a trip to the ER. he blew out his candle and stuck his face in the cake and about 1 min later broke out in big blisters, eyes were swalon shut, it was bad, he didnt have a problem breathing but the ER doc said it wuz a peanut allergy. from what i no about this it sounds like it will be bad just wanted to know if it is hard to have a child with this type of allergy? thanks!!


Andrea - posted on 08/27/2009




Hi Sabrina! I work at a preschool and encounter lots of allergies in kids- we are particularly concerned with peanut ones at our place since they can be so severe. It sounds like your little guy doesn't have to too severely though, since he had no breathing problems. I know it can be hard to deal with, but it's definately do-able, you'll just have to watch what food stuff you get- check labels for anything that says anything about nuts. You might have to shop at some more specialized stores for some stuff, but that all depends on how severe the allergy turns out to be. I don't know how "hard" it will be, but you'll definately have to at least pay close attention to and be aware of what foods he has contact with. I hope this is helpful! If not, just ignore. I won't be offended!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms