Tax Fraud 2014

Raquela - posted on 03/18/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




Hi, I am a 25yr old Mother. Since my sons birth in 2006 I have been primary care/residency with his father rarely around, I have sole custody & I just found out my sons father has been claiming my son on his income taxes! Now with a child support order out of the courts in Delaware, for a year he has failed to pay frequently, he is in the arrears, he doesn't even keep to his court ordered visitation. I reported him to the IRS for Tax Fraud, does anyone know how long it will take to start getting Justice & child support payment arrears in full & current???


D - posted on 10/03/2014




hi, just wondered if anything has came about this? i currently have sole physical custody of my daughter, while sharing joint custody w/her dad. well she is 2 and he has been claiming her every year on his taxes which was fine because we had been living together. well we have since separated and he has not lived w/us for more than 6 months of this year, and i'm almost positive he will try to claim her again this up coming year...just wanted advice, of course now that it's just she and i, i'm going to claim her on my taxes. did you both claim your son, is that how you found out? i know you can report them...i just dont know how it all works. and what if he does his taxes before i do mine...i plan on mentioning that he CANNOT claim her at the end of the year but dont want to make it a big thing just yet. We are not in a good place right now and i'm hoping later on once we have gotten child support court out of the way with we will be on better terms. if he has been claiming your son why hasnt child support intercepted his returns to give them to you? is his child support court ordered?

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms