What are my custody chances in court in Mississippi?

Tara - posted on 03/13/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




My child's father recently started dating a girl who has a history of drug use and he currently lives with her. He has not paid me any child support in a month and refuses to do so until we go to court. He also has had numerous opportunities to see our son and chose not to, to go out with his girlfriend. I will not allow my son at his girlfriends house because she has also threatened me. Do you think I have a good chance at getting full custody of my son and his father out of the picture? He does not take up anytime with him. My son was recently hospitalized and he did not even take off work to come and when he did show up, only stayed an hour!! I need advice on what I should do! I have several message conversations between me And the father an have proof that he has had opportunities to see him and chose not to


Firebird - posted on 03/14/2013




It's really not likely that you'll get full custody. Joint custody might be the best you can hope for. At the very least, your ex will be awarded adequate visitation with his son.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms